Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jeremiah

I did not totally agree with the argument posed by Freidman in th most recent chapter. I can see how it is possible for Jeremiah to have written Deuteronomy and possibly the books that followed. Unfortuntely a possibility is all that I thought it was. In general his argument was not without some relovence. I too think that te time period of Jeremiah would make sence but it felt too easy. It felt as if he were trig to stretch the information to match hi argument not using the evidence to come to conclusions. Perhaps my biggest problem is all his evidence seemed to come from one source- the bible. Even the sources from the bible were far from conclusive. He mentioned a few similarities in styles and based the rest of his argument on Jeremiah coming from the right priestly line. His argument seemed to lack any real force and lefte waiting for something more concrete. I did not notice a single argument that stemmed from a source outside of the bible. If we are going to make an argument for a specific person writing a large amount of indeed almost the majority of the Old Testament I would like a few more sources. Now I am not stating that Jeremiah couldn't have written it but I am goin to hedge my bets and not pull the trigger on such little evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.